Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Sparkle by Vija

Okay blog readers, I hope you are ready for this.  Vija Anton, our Blue Fern Fan of the Month, has created a layout that is sweet, adorable, cuddly, cute, and any other charming words that you can think of.  No matter how frazzled you may be as you prepare for the holidays, this layout is sure to warm your heart just a little and bring a smile to your face.  She even decorated the little Christmas tree!


Here it is her layout and what Vija has to say about it:

I love doing layouts using pictures of dogs, mine or friends, and prefer to use regular collections rather than dog specific papers as I feel it gives me more scope to incorporate some mixed media techniques. This layout features a cute little Bichon Frise named Jewel, who belongs to my best friend on Instagram. 



For the background, I used the Homespun paper as a frame and cut around the flower corner to slip the Vintage Christmas paper and die cuts in behind it. I also did a little bit of stencil work on this one to emphasise the lacy pattern on the patterned paper. 



I used texture paste on the Snowflake frame and sprinkled it with seedlings and glitter and the title was finished with more glitter using Silver Bells embossing powder. The gorgeous lace helps soften the layout and adds some further texture. I also 'decorated' the Christmas tree with seedlings. This layout is all about 'SPARKLE'!!




The Blue Fern Products used were:

Paper:
Vintage Christmas Wonderland paper
Homespun Homestead paper

Printed Chipboard:
Vintage Christmas printed chipboard

Chipboard: 
Snowflake frame 
Winter titles

Flowers:
Christmas Blooms

Lace: 
9A, 4

Seedlings: 
Sterling silver

Embossing Powder: 
Silver bells

No comments:

Post a Comment