Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Seaside Cottage inspiration with Pascale

Hello Sweeties

Today, I'm up on Blue Fern Studios blog with three new projects featuring the new collection Seaside Cottage. The first one I want to share showcase a photo taken during my Irish trip of the Doonagore Castle (Doolin, Co.Clare, Ireland).


I started to prime the Mermaid paper with clear gesso. Then I added a design with a stencil and white crackle paste.


While the paste was still wet I added some color. Then I let dry.



First I embossed the Seashell Frame with the Mushroom Imagine Ink, then I sprinkled a little bit of the Icicle too.


I started to built up the layers: first the papers, then some shells, then some flowers and some cheese cloth. 


When happy with the cluster, I dry brushed the embellishments with white gesso. Then I added some splatters of the same watercolors I used previously on the background. Then I finished with a blue-gold acrylic paint and with some random stamping with the Journey stamp.


Blue Fern Studios products used:
Papers - Seaside Cottage (Mermaid, Whitewash, Calling Cards)
Chipboard - Seashell Frame
Flowers - Seaside Lilies, Seaside Roses, Courtship Blooms, Tranquil Lilies and Roses
Imagine Ink - Embossing Powders (Mushroom, Icicle)
Stamps - Journey

---------------------------------------

Here is my second July's project using the Seaside Cottage collection. 


I started as usual to prime the background with clear gesso. Then I added a design with a stencil and modeling paste. While the paste was still wet I sprinkled some Honey embossing powder and heat set it.


I primed the Quilted Page Panel with clear gesso before covering it with clear crackle paste. I let dry naturally for a better result before adding some mica powders.


I primed the Beach Babe title with white gesso. When dry, I added some gold wax to the edges of the chipboard.


I added some gold wax to the edges of the papers I put under the photo too. Then I glued all the embellishments around the photo.


To finish the layout I splattered a mix of gloss gel, water and the Caribbean glitter to add some sparkle to the page.


Blue Fern Studios products used:
Papers - Seaside Cottage (Gala, Voyage, Calling Cards)
Chipboards - Quilted Page Panel, Beach Babe
Flowers - Tranquil Blooms, Attic Charm glitter Roses
Imagin Ink Embossing powder - Honey
Imagine Ink Glitter - Caribbean

---------------------------------------

Here is my third July's project featuring the Seaside Cottage collection from Blue Fern Studios. This photo was taken during my trip in the Aran Island. 


I primed the Regalia paper with clear gesso. Then I added a design with a stencil, first I added paint directly on the stencil, then I put the stencil on the background and added platinum crackle paste through it.


I primed the Ring Panel with clear gesso, then I added a layer of graphite paste.


I glued the different embellishments together with 3D matte gel.


I added some micro beads around the flowers clusters to add some texture.


I used the Postal Texture stamp to finish the layout.


Blue Fern Studios products used:

Papers - Seaside Cottage (Regalia, Splendor, Calling Cards)
Chipboard - Ring Panel
Flowers - Attic Charm Daisies, Courtship Roses)
Stamp - Postal Texture

2 comments: