Wednesday, March 16, 2016

March Layouts by Maja

Good morning, BFS Fans, welcome to the blog today :) It's Maja here to share three layouts I made using our latest collection, Courtship Lane. 
Ladies first, so let's start with a girly page :)


I like to layer papers for the background and add stamps - and so I did here. For the top layer I chose the Concert Hall paper as the young lady in the photo plays the violin. I also matted the photo with various papers and formed a semi-frame using Whimsy Flourishes, "closed" on the other side of the photo with the Village Sign Post piece embossed with Copper ep. Then I added some flowers and embellies:




The title word "Happy" is embossed with three eps in the purple palette for an ombre effect:


Papers: Calling Cards, Concert Hall, West Plaza, Royal Street
Stamps: Deja Vu, Forever, Vintage Edges
Chipboard: Whimsy Flourishes; Happy, Heart, Love;Village Sign Post
EP: Iris, Lilac, Mystic Plum, Verdant, Copper

For my second layout I opted for a cheerful spring palette of colours. This time the background features only one paper, Parkway, and no stamps.


I used several designs to mat the photo and they fill the beautiful frame Clip Frames set. I added colour to it with two shades of green embossing powders: Sage and Lime. I made the words stand out by embossing them with Oatmeal ep. Together with the large "Handsome" piece (embossed with Honey) they form my title:


Then I added some chipboard accents from the Arrow Words and Directions sets - to highlight them against the green frame I used Copper ep to emboss. I also added pieces of the Chickenwire Panel that I left saute.



I use flowers also on my boys' layouts, as they still don't mind ;) Here I used beautiful Courtship Blooms and Courtship Roses:


Papers: Parkway, Royal Street, Calling Cards
Chipboard: Handsome, Arrow Words, Directions, Clip Frames, Chickenwire Panel
EP: Sage, Lime, Copper, Oatmeal, Honey

And finally my last layout for March for which I chose orange tones of papers and embellishments:


I composed my background by tearing the house image off the West Plaza paper and layering the rest upon the Lover's Lane sheet. Then I added some stamping and a backet pattern using white modeling paste and stencil and then splashed some tangerine, golden and white mists:


Using two pieces from the Circle Groups I arranged a triangle-shaped design under the photo. I embossed them with Ginger ep and added some pieces from the Cogs & Gears set. I embossed them with Nutmeg ep for more contrast and placed upon or inside the circles:


One of the Arrow Words makes my title - I embossed it with Copper ep because it's very glittery and really makes this small piece pop out:


To finish off my page, I added some Courtship Blooms and metal charms:


Papers: Bourbon Avenue, West Plaza, Royal Street
Chipboard: Arrow Words, Circle Groups, Splattered Circles, Cogs & Gears
Stamps: Widgets
EP: Honey, Ginger, Copper, Nutmeg

I like how by selecting papers I could concentrate on main colours of the collection - green, purple and orange - separately to create varied backgrounds and climates for my pages.

That's all for today, thank you for visiting and see you later!

Maja

1 comment:

  1. WOW! You've used so many awesome chipboard pieces on your layouts! Fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete