Thursday, April 10, 2014

Jackie's April Creations

I have two new projects to share today using the gorgeous Blue Fern Garden papers along with some stunning Blue Fern chipboard. Spring is in full swing here, and I couldn't resist playing along with some springy greens, flower motifs and outdoor photos. And for a change - no kid photos (gasp!).


Once again, I loaded my Blue Fern paper down with media. I know I've said this before, but I'm so impressed with how this paper holds up to media. Gesso, mists, paint, ink - I threw them all at the paper.


I love the new Eastern Lantern chippies, and used this one as an elaborate hummingbird feeder. I simply painted it with graphite paint and added some script stamping; the nice thing about such an intricate piece of chipboard is that it doesn't take much.


The birds from the Little Birds set are just too sweet. To add some texture, I dabbed on some Texturez Dazzlerz, then misted overtop.


One of my favourite things about Blue Fern chipboard is all the different titles and words available. I have to admit I am lazy about titles, so having such a large selection of words ready to go is fantastic.

Blue Fern Studios Products

Blue Fern Garden Paper:
- Timeless
- In Bloom

Blue Fern Chipboard:
- Little Birds Set
- Eastern Lanterns
- The Optimist Word Set

The background for my next layout is inspired by a great Irish restaurant we frequent, that has decorative holes in the plaster to reveal the brickwork underneath. The leftover bits from the Shabby Brick Panel have been sitting on my desk, waiting to be used, and they paired brilliantly with the stone viaduct in my picture (which happens to be the one from the Harry Potter movies).


I wanted to keep the bricks understated, but add some subtle texture, so I painted them with super heavy gesso, and once it dried I sponged some on for dimension.


The Manor Hinges were painted, then heat embossed in places with Distress Embossing Powder for an aged patina look.


I love the drama of these Pretty Weeds, and painted them with metallic green paint to make a simple statement in my cluster.


Blue Fern Studios Products:

Blue Fern Garden Papers: 
- In Bloom (x2)
- Timeless
- Calling Cards

Blue Fern Studios:
- Shabby Brick Panel
- All Natural Set
- Pretty Weeds
- Manor Hinges

We always love seeing what you create with Blue Fern Studios products, so please remember to share your projects with us in the Blue Fern Gallery!


2 comments: