Saturday, March 22, 2014

"(love these) Memories" by Lisa Griffith

Hello everyone! I hope this post find you all well. It's my turn to share my projects today. The first layout I created was an experiment just to get some interesting looks using the new line of paper from Blue Fern Studios.

"(love these) Memories"


Here I started with the Blue Fern Studios paper called "Signature", and created some texture using heavy gesso and a stencil, and then sprayed with Ranger Vintage Photo ink and water. These papers really are amazing how well they hold up to whatever mediums you want to use. (There was a little bit of warping, but a small price to pay.) I love how the paper, inks and gesso mixed to create a watercolor effect. The chip board pieces I used is one of Captured Words piece that I cut in half and pieces of the Chainlink Panel. For the chipboards I coated them with gesso and then painted them with brown ink and then a coat of clear crackle paint. I was trying to get them to look like wood to match my photo. I also used a small strip cut off from the bottom of the paper, and a piece of the blue packaging that comes with the chipboard that I punched with a lacy punch and layered under my photo. I also cut out some butterflies Blue Fern Studios paper "In Bloom".




Next up I have a layout that I created using a vintage photo of my mum.......

"Pauline"


Here I used three different pieces of chip board called Circle Motifs, Petite Windows and Iron Work Accents. For all of the pieces I painted with Silks paint in Emperor's Gold (my new all-time favorite) and then stamped over the pieces with black ink. I added some bits of a vintage magazine, some Prima flowers and pink paint.


And my last project is a mixed media card I made for St. Patrick's Day.


I created my card using a piece of the paper "Signature" as my base, lots of stamping, misting, and the gorgeous Blue Fern Studios chip board called Blooming Foliage. I covered the chipboard with a light coat of gesso, and then painted it with green mist and gold paint and then a coat of Glossy Accents.


I hope you have enjoyed my projects and feel a little inspired?
Thanks for looking,
Hugs, Lisa xo


8 comments: