Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Blue Fern Garden with Jelissa


Hi there! Today is my turn to share with you two projects for February. I've just come back from a family holiday in Japan and there were so many photos to scrap. And the new paper line from Blue Fern Studios is just perfect for remembering this wonderful vacation.

"Perfect Moment"


For my first layout I used "Parlour" as the background paper because of the sweet blues and greens on a neutral cream base. It also matched the colors of my photo quite well and gave me a lot of space to create my cluster. For the paper layers, I cut out and distressed the elements from "Calling Cards" - I think this particular paper must have been designed for people like me who just love to layer.


Some chippy goodies: I painted the picket fence with gesso and plastered texture paste randomly over. I snipped the Organic Vine into two and used it in both corners of my main cluster. Tucked in are also pieces of the Berry Stems. Leaving the stems bare, I covered the rest of the two pieces with gesso and painted over with watercolors. As a final touch, I added some shimmery-colored texture paste.


I fussy-cut out the corner element from another sheet of "Parlour" and tucked it underneath the Petite Window, which I covered with texture paste randomly.

Blue Fern Products used:
Blue Fern Garden "Parlour"
Blue Fern Garden "Calling Cards"
Country Picket Fence
Petite Windows
Berry Stems
Organic Vine


"Mini Album"

My next share is a mini which I created using the Blue Fern Garden papers. The colors from the line matched my entire vacation so well (how often does that happen?) that I just had to use them for this project. 


On the cover, I used a piece from the Ever After Frame set and covered it with two different shades of embossing powder for a duo-toned effect. I then fussy-cut out an element from Blue Fern Garden "Calling Cards" as a mat for the title.


I layered Bits of Honey under my photos and painted it with gold paint. 
Here's a tip: don't discard the extra strip at the bottom of your Blue Fern Garden papers. There are beautiful patterns on them and I found the thickness to be just perfect for layering banner strips. I've used these throughout my mini. 


I painted the Heart Panel Chunky with some water colors, inked the edges and layered it under my photos. I also did the same for the Spring Branch chippie below.


Blue Fern Products used:
Blue Fern Garden "Parlour"
Blue Fern Garden "Calling Cards"
Blue Fern Garden "Boudoir"
Blue Fern Garden "Love Letters"
Blue Fern Garden "In Bloom"
Bits of Honey
Heart Panel Chunky
Ever After Frame Set
Spring Branch

This is all I have for now, thanks for stopping by!
 love, Jelissa 



2 comments: